- Vegetable Oil Spray (as needed)
- 2 tbs wheat bran
- 2.5 cups almond flour (If you can't find almond flour, put whole almond
nuts in a food processor.)
- 1.5 cups sugar substitute
- 1.5 tsp. baking powder
- 1.5 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 7 eggs
- 1.5 cups canned pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1.5 tsp. vanilla extract (no sugar added, imitation is best)
- 9X5-inch loaf pan
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
Spray the loaf pan heavily with vegetable spray & sprinkle with the wheat
bran, shaking the pan to coat on all sides- this will prevent sticking)
In a bowl whisk together almond flour, sugar, baking powder, pie spice &
salt. In another bowl, beat eggs & then whisk in the pumpkin & vanilla.
Combine the dry & wet ingredients & stir until combined. Pour the batter
into the prepared loaf pan & stir to combine.
Bake 1.5 hrs until golden brown & a toothpick comes out clean when stuck
in the center. Cool completely before removing from the pan.
Recipe from "Low Carb & Lovin' it" George Stella